Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sunny Corpus Christi

Last week we drove to Corpus Christi to visit my family and celebrate our first anniversary. Besides visiting family, the best part about the trip was escaping the freezing cold. The weather was perfect!

Our week-long trip included 2 days of straight driving and 5 days of visiting. We had a blast! I've been missing my family, so it was really great to see them after six months. Here are some highlights from our trip:


The beautiful sunset on our drive down. This was before we got bored, tired, and to the point where we only thought of how we can't wait to get out of the stupid car.


Lilo leaning on the headrest between her usual car activities of sleeping and whining.


Holly: She is so grown up since the last time we saw her- and cuter than ever. And yes, there is pen and frosting on her face.


Josie: This was the first time we got to see Josie since she was born in October. She is the sweetest, prettiest baby. I love her smile!















Me, Katie, and Mom making cakepops. Katie was much better at in than I was.


The final product. They tasted really good!


We spent a day in San Marcos shopping at the outlet malls. Holly and I are taking a break and lounging by the fountain.


This is a picture of us in five years.....just kidding. Josh, Josie, Me, and Holly at the outlet mall.


Our anniversary! We had lunch at Water Street where we held our wedding reception. Unfortunately, it was a huge letdown. The food was amazing at our reception, but this weekend it was basically the worst food ever. I still don't know if we were more disappointed that we were served crappy food or that we payed a fortune for it.


Our last day in Corpus. Josh, Me, Holly, Katie, Andrew, and Josie.

We had so much fun on our trip and were sad to leave. It was a great visit filled with family, friends and good weather- three things which I will miss dearly.

2 comments:

  1. That's an amazing picture of me making cake pops...and yes, mine did look amazing. :) When are you coming back??? We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a HORRIBLE picture of me making cake pops!!! Please tell me I do not look like that (lie if you have to!)!

    ReplyDelete