Thursday, September 16, 2010

Right Turn Ahead

I have a bad sense of direction. You'd think that having a GPS would solve the problem, but in my case it doesn't. Our GPS (aka Tom Tom, or as we like to call it, Tomas) and I are not very good friends. We have somewhat of a hate-hate relationship. Let me explain:

When Josh and I spent a week in Minneapolis for his work training, I had to rely on Tomas to get around. This proved to be more difficult than it sounds. I wanted to go to the Galleria about 10 miles away from our hotel. I'm not familiar with the city and Tomas started taking me through confusing little side streets. He would say "Right turn ahead." Ok, no problem. Then all of a sudden he would be screaming "Turn right! Turn right!" So I turned right, but it would either be a street too soon or too late. Then I would hear the all too familiar words: "Turn around when possible." With this happening at least five more times and construction on the highway leading me on a detour, I arrived frustrated at the Galleria an hour later.

Earlier this week, I decided to do a little job hunting with the help of none other than Tomas. Besides the fact that Tomas is getting too old to locate some of the streets I was trying to find, things were going fine. Then I had to take the highway. Tomas told me what exit I needed, so I took the exit. Then he suddenly decided to switch the exit from 63A to 63B, but it was too late for me to get in the other lane. So then I found myself going in the opposite direction of where I wanted to go and Tomas telling me to "Turn around" like it was my fault for taking the wrong exit. I hate that thing.

Besides the fact that we have a GPS, I'm somehow constantly getting lost and turned around. I don't know how it happens, but it does. Josh thinks it's a user problem, but I blame Tomas.

1 comment:

  1. My mother needs to have a GPS with a woman's voice telling her where to go because she is bitter towards men so the English Gentlemen setting just pi*%$es her off.

    ReplyDelete