Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Goodbye Summer

It changed from summer to fall overnight. And I don't like it. As soon as September 1 hit, the weather decided it was no longer summer and the temperature should instantly drop twenty degrees. Now it's chilly during the day and COLD at night. No more warm sunny days, which means no more shorts and flip flops. Welcome to Fargo.

The end of summer also means the end of my summer break. It's been nice taking some time off from school and work and just relaxing. Now I need to find a job. I hate job hunting, but at the same time I'm tired of being at home all day with nothing to do. I've applied for a few jobs here and there, but now it's time to get down to business.

Labor Day is another sign that summer is over. For the long weekend we made a trip out to the West's lake house. It was a weekend full of boating, surfing, off-roading, sauna-sitting, eating, talking, and more. We had a blast. There were five families altogether, so there was never a dull moment. Josh got to try out his surfing skills and we discovered that I'm a surprisingly good off-road driver for a city girl. Besides spending time with friends, one of the nicest things about the weekend was waking up to this view in the morning:


So it's time to say goodbye to summer. I already miss you...

No comments:

Post a Comment