Monday, August 23, 2010

Tennis, Anyone?

Over the weekend Josh and I decided to play tennis together. And I'm using the phrase "play tennis" very loosely.

There is a park down the street from our house that has free tennis courts and we decided it was time to take advantage of this. I'll start out by saying that I'm not the most athletic person in the world. Josh on the other hand loves any and every sport. So we started hitting the ball back and forth, which wasn't as simple as it sounds. Josh was being a good husband and hitting the ball very nicely straight in my direction. I, however, do not aim with 100% accuracy. It's more like 15%. So basically, Josh was running in every direction chasing the tennis ball everywhere from the fence to the adjacent courts. Side note: this is why my dad stopped playing tennis with me after pulling one too many muscles. So there we are, Josh running like crazy with me on the other side of the net swinging the racket as hard as I can, sometimes missing the ball completely. Our tennis outing didn't exactly go as well as planned. I gave up after about 25 minutes, deciding it was enough for one day and vowing to get a better swing. Josh pointed out that I was much better at wii tennis and suggested we go home and redeem ourselves.

Next exercising adventure: P90X. Josh has been wanting to start it for weeks. He finally suggested that I should do it with him for motivational purposes. When he first mentioned this, I laughed. Like I'm going to last five minutes! In the end, I agreed to try it out and at least be there for support when I get tired after 30 seconds and take a water break for the rest of the workout. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. So I know this post was forever ago but we want to start playing tennis too! I am a little nervous and I think our experience will be a lot like yours. But it will still be fun to try! Right? lol

    ReplyDelete