Thursday, August 12, 2010

Heat Wave

The past few days I have actually been glad that we don't live in Texas. We found out our first night in the new house that our air conditioner wasn't working. Perfect! It's the middle of summer with 200% humidity and our house is a furnace. I love warm weather, but not when I have sweat dripping down my back inside my own house.

We've had three lovely days with no AC. To avoid overheating, we've spent a lot of time out of the house. Bookstore, grocery store, mall, you name it. Even driving in the car with the air blasting was a relief. We've also been sleeping in the basement where it's about ten degrees cooler than the rest of the house.

Finally this morning the AC was replaced. As soon as the cold air came rushing through the vents, we could hear the hallelujah chorus in the background. Ok, not really. But it was SO nice.

And we're now sweat-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment