Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Oldest Town in Texas

Right now I'm sitting in the middle of a dozen boxes trying to decide what to pack next. I hate packing. And for some reason I always leave it until the very last second. I've been saying for weeks that I need to start packing, and I just pulled out the boxes today. We're moving in four days- nice job Emily.

Josh and I will be the first to admit that we're not the biggest fans of Nacogdoches, but it's a little weird to be leaving after spending a long and memorable four years of college here. It seems like I'm just going home for the summer and then coming back for fall semester. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic about graduating and leaving, but there are a few things we'll miss.

3 things we'll miss about Nac:

1. Friends- I've made some really good friends over the years, and now we're all leaving and moving on. It's a little sad. We also finally started making a few good friends in the ward here just in time to leave them behind.

2. Driving- It only takes about ten minutes or less to get anywhere in town. The grocery store is practically across the street and a tank of gas lasts for weeks. It's nice.

3. Hastings- When we have nothing better to do on a Friday night, we usually go to Hastings. You can find movies for 3 or 4 dollars. I think we've at least doubled our movie collection since living here.

3 things we definitely won't miss:

1. Social/night life- With hardly anything to do for fun in Nac, we usually stay in on the weekends. Most shops and restaurants close at 9 pm or earlier, so after that you're pretty much out of luck.

2. Shopping- The mall has five stores and the hottest shopping spot in town is Wal-Mart-- enough said.

3. Allergies- I never got allergies until I moved to Nacogdoches. Every spring, there is pollen everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Your car will literally turn yellow. I've been congested for the last two months and I'm ready to breathe again!


So, we're ready to have all of the amenities of a bigger city again. We're leaving a few things behind, but we'll be happy to settle down and find our place in the world. As for now, I need to get packing!

5 comments:

  1. You will be missed tons, but I'm so excited for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We're excited too but we'll miss it here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting Emily! Where are y'all moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to miss you too Abby!! We're moving to Corpus Christi for the summer for Josh's work. Then after that who knows....

    ReplyDelete