Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Countdown...

I've been counting down the days until graduation for weeks and it's finally almost here (11 days to be exact)! And in case you're wondering, I'm beyond excited. College has been great, but I'm definitely ready to move on.

To share my excitement with the world, I decided to make my own graduation announcements. The typical university provided announcements just aren't that attractive. When I first told Josh that I was planning on making them myself, he doubted my crafting abilities and said "You're not Katie!" Katie, my sister, owns every kind of scrapbooking supplies imaginable and has made everything from invitations for my bridal shower to bows that match every one of our niece's dresses. I do tend to talk about projects that I never actually start, so Josh did have a point.

Then I did what I always do when I take on a new crafting endeavor: go to Hobby Lobby. I stocked up on patterned paper and envelopes and I was good to go. It only took a few hours to print, cut, and put everything together. And in the end, they turned out pretty good!

Josh was even a little impressed.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous job! I've always thought you were crafty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! So cute. You will have to help me with ideas for birth announcements...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! They turned out better than I thought they would. And Katie, I'll definitely help!

    ReplyDelete